The traditional method of software development is tightly coupled on the server-side and client-side which creates a limitation on faster parallel development, it is also difficult to scale these types of applications and they can’t handle multiple clients easily. With the ever-increasing demand for mobile technologies for your products. It’s difficult to have the same database and codebase for all your applications. Exposing data is difficult.
Development is time-consuming, this is were REST API comes in place. It allows a single codebase on the server-side to work with all your applications. You don’t have to write the server-side code more than once and programming language doesn’t matter which results in faster software development and easy data sharing.
- Speeds your project development process.
- Able to work efficiently in a team.
- Able to write server-side code for web, mobile, desktop applications in a single language of your choice.
- Able to use the same database for all your projects without data redundancy or database duplication.
- Able to work on any type of application, due to language independency.
- Knowledge of any programming language with basics of the database is enough.
- Working experience in projects is plus.
- Understanding the basics of REST API
- A better understanding of database concepts
- Use open-source API like maps, data, images, news, etc.
- Create your REST API endpoints for your project.
- Use your own endpoints from multiple projects.
- Learn to share data publicly through API.
WHO CAN JOIN REST API?
- Students who have basic programming knowledge (any language)
- Basic knowledge of the database.
- Worked on at least one project with the use of the database.
- This course is also beneficial for the professionals working in the software field those who:
Are working on projects regularly.
- Develop projects for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile, Desktop) and want to use a single code for all.
- Have knowledge of one or more programming languages but want to contribute to different platforms.
Course Outline: REST API
MODULE 1: OVERVIEW
- Introduction to Web Services
- Pros and Cons
- Traditional Method vs REST
- URL vs URI
- Stateless vs Stateful
MODULE 2: DATABASE SCHEMA DESIGN
- Designing Schema for better representation
- The good and bad relationships
- Structuring the data flow
MODULE 3: RESOURCES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- Introduction to resource
- Resource state
- Protocols semantics of resource
- Request Methods:
MODULE 4: GRAMMAR
- Constructing a standard URI
MODULE 5: HYPERMEDIA
- HTML vs hypermedia format
- URI templates
- Workflow control
- API validation with Postman and ARC
- Consuming resources from frontend languages
MODULE 6: PROJECT USING REST API
- Creating a database with 4 related tables.
- CRUD operation on all tables using Restful API
- Handling Relationships
- Writing Documentation
- Understanding Documentation
- Using the URI resource
- CRUD methods on resource
- Handling states
In order to measure success and report on results, development workers and public-sector managers create monitoring and evaluation systems....
River Falls Power Limited (RFPL) had issued 27,30,000 units shares worth Rs 27.30 crore of ordinary shares to the general public as a part o...
Apple M1 Pro MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro Chip featuring 8-core CPU, 14-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 16GB RAM (Unified Memory), 51...
Nepal Finance Limited (NFS) has published an offer letter to issue its rights offering to shareholders. The issue will open today, i.e. on J...
Great learning opportunity as a part of the outstanding team Great Exposure - opportunity to work with some of the biggest enterprises Great...
Brand new Dell Inspiron 7405 2-in-1 convertible laptop with Hexa-core AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor, AMD Radeon Graphics, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB...
As an international standard for Business Continuity Management System, the ISO 22301 is designed to protect, reduce the likelihood of occur...
2020 has been the most difficult year in the history of tourism. International arrivals fell by 72% in the first ten months of 2020, with tr...